Thursday, April 28, 2016

Reflection Post

I enrolled in this class thinking it was going to be an easy "A." I thought I already knew everything there was to know about technology, but I was surprisingly taken back. This class showed me everything that I did not know about technology, and taught me that there is still so much more to learn. I learned many new things about technology in this class. Creative commons and embedding are just a few things that caught me off guard. I really had no idea those things existed before this class.

This class has helped me learn a great deal about creating images, videos, or other cool applications, but also about the legalities of what you can and cannot use, and how to give proper credit to someone. The Blogger posts were definitely challenging when asked to always use a new tool, but I really believe that it pushed me to create things I would have never thought about creating. The prezi above has a compilation of a few things I created throughout the semester. Those are all pictures that I created using technology tools that I did not even know existed before this class.

I especially enjoyed the group projects. I thought it would be difficult to do since there is no face-to face interaction, but it went very smoothly and we were able to create some interesting Wikispaces and Lesson Plans. I feel that those projects have successfully met the learning outcomes outlined in the syllabus stating that students will create a portfolio with samples reflecting ways technology can support classroom management, administration, and teaching in a K-12 classroom. I thoroughly enjoyed this class, and cannot think of anything to change. I would definitely recommend to other students.

References:

Friedline, C. (2016, April 28). EME 2040. Retrieved April 28, 2016, from https://prezi.com/bxivbvaq-qvh/eme-2040/
 
Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.


No comments:

Post a Comment